Can you believe it’s that time again? Another year for the holiday challenge! The little Red Dress Project is probably my best sewing achievement to date. For the past two years, I’ve taken the plunge to complete a selfish make for the holiday. I enjoy taking you guys along on this fun challenge, it’s not that you’re totally selfish and not giving back for the holiday. It’s more of embracing your talent and creating a special piece to add to your wardrobe. It’s that one breathtaking dress you’ll wear when giving your other handmade gifts and sharing the holiday spirit. Not only will you make a beautiful dress, but from today on you can share your process with the sewing community on Instagram and even create long lasting bonds with others.
This year is no different than last years challenge, again my co-host is the lovely Rosa of Sewn. I am thrilled to have her onboard once more, as well as a few other vloggers have committed to participate in the challenge this year. We will have an amazing holiday season, putting together great dresses and revealing them in December.
Do you want IN? To join this challenge all you have to do is make a red dress based on the requirements below. Did I mention, there will be prizes? I’m thrilled to partner with these great businesses and give each of you the opportunity to win prizes that will keep you motivated.
How to Win: Post your reveal photo to Instagram, tag and follow @thetwilightstitcher & @rosabella.angelica, we’ll do the rest by randomly choosing a winner.
Winners will be announced December 16th, 2018 on Instagram. If you are a winner please DM @thetwilightstitcher or @rosabella.angelica.
Prizes & Winners: For each sponsor their will be one winner, all updates will be posted to Instagram.
Note: Prizes Open to All (World Wide)
This is a challenge and not a contest. We have great sponsors and winners of their prizes will be RANDOMLY selected.
Although this is a friendly challenge, there still are requirements & rules.
- Sew a Red Christmas dress for you, a friend or child. Your dress should be 80% red. Here are the exceptions: Burgundy and Blush Pink. Other exceptions would be patterned fabric such as floral, lace, geometric, it’s your choice as long as RED is the most predominant.
Option 2 (Themed Dress)
- The Memory Maker Dress: Recreate any dress that you fell in love with. This could be a dress you saw in a movie, on Pinterest, or Instagram, even one as a kid growing up.
- Reveal Date December 1st – December 8th
- Remember to use #thelittlereddressproject, tag @thetwilightstitcher and @rosabella.angelica when posting your project.
- Remember to use #thelittlereddressproject, tag @thetwilightstitcher and @rosabella.angelica when
- Follow both Renata @thetwilightstitcher on IG & YouTube, @rosabella.angelica on IG and YouTube as SEWN
- Please share this challenge and spread the word on social media don’t forget to use #thelittlereddressproject, tag @runningnstyle and @rosabella.angelica
- Share your project, fabric, pattern, process on IG, Blog or Vlog to encourage and motivate others.
- We ask that you kindly support our sponsors by following and tagging them as well.
- MinervaCraft will provide £100 fabric bundle of their latest dressmaking fabric
- DG Patterns will provide $50USD in Pattern as well as a second prize of $50USD in Fabric
- Sew Essential UK will provide £25 gift voucher to their online store
- Sewalicious will provide £30 gift voucher to their online store
- LikeSewAmazing will provide £25 gift voucher to their online store
- CoCoWaWa Crafts will provide the C&C PDF Bundle (Chestnut Sweater & Cinnamon Trousers)
- SewMeSunshine UK will provide £25 gift voucher to their online store
Both Rosa and I look forward to a fun and eventful holiday with you alongside us on this challenge.
Next Blog Post: Who’s joining the challenge so far this year? Just to wet your appetite, starting in November, I’ll be featuring a few of my sewing friends who are supporting the challenge. Elizabeth of ElizabethMadeThis, Judith of JudithDeeCreation, Sian of Kittenish Behaviour & Bianca of Vintage On Tap to name a few.
This year is going to be a real crowd pleaser!