Video Pattern Review ~ McCall’s 7389

 

Happy Friday Everyone,

 

I hope you are all having a wonderful day! This review is dedicated to McCall’s M7389. What a great pattern, to be very honest I wasn’t sure I could pull this one off, because of the alternation. I’ve become more adventurous now with my sewing and don’t fear making a mistake. Instead I focus on lesson learned, and how to improve future projects.

 

I knew instantly that I wanted this pattern (version D) to be made with the floral fabric and have the drape portion be a solid color. The problem was, I didn’t quit know how to translate it on the pattern.

  • I just ended up making a copy of the front & back overlay pattern piece, placed it on my body and marked where the drape began.

  • Then I made a straight line and cut the traced pattern piece (top to bottom and noted that 5/8 inch seam allowance was needed).

  • The solid lilac was used for the draped have of the pattern piece and floral for the rest of the pattern.

Because I forgot my initial plan with the drape being a different color, I ended up cutting that entire piece with the floral fabric and didn’t have enough to use for the yoke. As you can see I ended-up using the lilac for the yoke. I think it turned all well.

The instruction were very clear in my option, also because it was fairly light weight, I used my floral fabric for the lining. I would differently make this top again and try the other versions. I’m getting major Antropologie vibes from it.

Thanks for visiting and have a wonderful weekend!

Share:

3 Comments

  1. June 4, 2016 / 2:45 am

    So cute. Even though the yoke and strap were not be solid, I think it worked anyway.

  2. June 4, 2016 / 1:08 pm

    You did a beautiful job on the blouse. I am adding the pattern to my stash.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.